3/14/2011

IN A RARE MOVE ON MY PART

Mini Shopaholic: A Novel





I am an avid reader, but as of late, have not have much time to devote to it.  I had been following the Shopaholic series as a nice escape. But this latest iteration, Mini Shopaholic, just rubbed me the wrong way.  I guess it's because the Becky Bloomwood character had not grown one bit.  Her tactics, which used to be charming a cute when she was a flip twenty-something, are now appalling when she's supposed to be a responsible adult and mother.

In a rare move on my part, I have abandoned this book after about 70 pages. I can see where the story is going and I really just don't care how it ends, because it will be a happy ending where Becky gets bailed out somehow.

The series is not the escape that it used to be for me, I supposed.  Unlike Becky, perhaps I have matured as a reader.  But don't take my word for it, check out the reviews on Amazon. I had to make sure it wasn't just me, and it's not.

Moving on...

No comments: