1/25/2011

LET'S RECAP SHALL WE

I know, I'm a little late in this review of my 2010 resolutions. But better late than never, as they say....

Here's what I originally wrote: 2010 To Do List

Here's how I did:
- Eat more Fish & Fruits & Veggies: I think I did a pretty good job of this.  A good motivation is getting our young son into good habits, and feeding him fish and fruits and vegetables early is key.  We are now at the point where he eats what we eat, so if we want to feed him healthy foods, we need to have them ourselves.  Last Summer, we did a quarter-share in a local CSA - Tahoma Farms.  And for 2011, we started a bi-weekly organic veggie & fruit delivery from Terra Organics.  When these healthy things are in your house, you tend to eat them.

- Make more dishes in the Crock Pot.  Yeah, didn't do so well with this. I used it every once in a while, but it wasn't a habit.  I didn't really do a ton of cooking.  Being a full-time mom has a way of sucking all your time and energy.  Something to work on in 2011!  Funnily enough, I am planning on making a Corned Beef Brisket tomorrow in the Crock Pot.

- Save $3000 to open College Savings Fund. This has been accomplished.  We are invested in the Vanguard 529 College Savings Plan. It's linked to our Upromise account, so any Upromise earning go directly into the fund.

- Open 529 Plan - Also done. We are buying 200 units through Washington States GET Program.  This is guaranteed to pay for two year's worth of tuition at Washington State's most expensive public university (currently it's University of Washington).  But the units can also pay for other qualified expenses, such as books and room & board.

- Stay active. Um...yeah...not so much.  However...I do run around a small child that can walk, climb, and pretty much get into everything.  So, it's been pretty hectic and keeping me on my feet.  On the plus side, I am 15 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight, so it's motivation to keep it up.

Overall, I think I did pretty well!

Up next, my 2011 resolutions...

No comments: