6/30/2010

SUMMER READING LIST

Here's what I'm exciting about reading this Summer.  What's on your list?

The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
The final book in the Millennium Trilogy  I'm SO excited to see the ending of this fantastic series.  Stieg Larsson had unfortunately passed after finishing, but I heard that there are other books that he completed, but they're caught up in legal battle between the family and his girlfriend.  Lisbeth Salander kicks so much ass, I'm afraid of her but want to hug her at the same time.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest


The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephanie Meyers
A "Eclipse Novella", a story about a short-lived character in Eclipse. It's a short read (almost 200 pages) and should be interesting.

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella (Twilight Saga)

The Brightest Star in the Sky by Marian Keyes
The newest book my Marian Keyes - nuff said!

The Brightest Star in the Sky: A Novel



Promises to Keep by Jane Green
I expect this to be an easy, breezy read with a happy ending.  Sweet!

Promises to Keep: A Novel


Superfreakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
Really excited about this sequel.  I missed my train stop because of the first book, Freakonomics

SuperFreakonomics: Global Cooling, Patriotic Prostitutes, and Why Suicide Bombers Should Buy Life Insurance



Last Night at Chateau Marmont by Lauren Weisberger
Hoping for some biting wit and keen observations of the other world of celebrities.  To be released in August.

Last Night at Chateau Marmont: A Novel

Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner
Latest from Jennifer Weiner - also, nuff said. Though her books have taken a different note as of late, I'm hoping that she writes something along the lines of "In Her Shoes", which I love love love.  We'll see.

Fly Away Home: A Novel


The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell
It's categorized as "Young Adult".  Should I be concerned?

The Carrie Diaries

Medium Raw by Anthony Bourdain
Love him! And would love to hear more after Kitchen Confidential.  Not only can he cook, but he can write. 

Medium Raw: A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook

5 comments:

wyn said...

Cool. I hope you might tell which ones you liked. Because of this post, I learned of The Carrie Diaries and requested it from my library. It breaks from my goal of reading a ton of Asian American literature this summer but should be a breezily read when it does arrive--there are 68 people ahead of me!

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh! I just finished the Carrie Diaries this morning and LOVED it! I've read all of the Candace Bushnell books and this is by far my favorite. My favorite characters, aside from Carrie, were The Mouse and Walt. Let me know what you think!

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

I'm reading Jane Green's book now, it's really getting good! I cannot wait for Lauren Weisberger's and Jennifer Weiner's newest!
I've also picked up The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo but I don't know when I will be able to get to it! :(

Lys said...

I'm reading a couple PF books, Live It Love It Earn It and Money 911, plus Jen Lancaster's new book and Anthony Bourdain's Medium Raw. Also, I think that Lauren Weisberger book might be interesting.

marisol said...

I got the new Stieg Larson book and hope to read it on my upcoming trip...hello 12 hour flight! I also have the Help and the Host that I want to read.


Did you see the movie for the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? It was limited released subtitled movie and it was SO great! The second one arrives in the States soon.