4/13/2010

NEAT LITTLE TIP



















I just learned this neat little tip for too loose rings.

The solution is moleskin. Usually reserved for feet and shoes, this inexpensive product has another great use as well.

Cut off a little piece of it and wrap around the underside of the ring, wrapping more for a tighter fit.  Replace when needed.

I learned this handy tip from a co-worker who used to work in a jewelry store.  I just got my wedding ring back from the shop (to fix a broken prong).  I hadn't worn it for a while because of the broken prong - it was discovered shortly after I had it sized up to fit my pregnancy-swollen hands.  Little did I realize, however, that my hands would shrink back to their original pre-pregnancy size.  I had heard from various sources that the body tends to stay large after pregnancy.  This hasn't been my case, which is both a good thing and a bad.  Not feeling like going back to the jewelry store to get my ring sized down, I'm going to use this moleskin trick for the time being.  Who knows, maybe I'll lose more weight...

1 comment:

emigre said...

so useful, will try it soon.