3/29/2010

BEHIND

New Moon (The Twilight Saga, Book 2)I know I must be really late to this whole Twilight party.  But hey, I did eat at Bella Italia last Summer during our Olympic Peninsula weekend.  Mind you, we didn't know it was in Twilight as the scene where Bella and Edward had their first dinner together.  And I even had the mushroom ravioli, which is what Bella ordered as well.  (In the movie, they were someplace else completely - the real restaurant is in the downtown part of Port Angeles, where in the movie it looks like it's a standalone restaurant).

Anyways...I'm currently reading New Moon. It's taking me a while to get through it, since my reading time has been cut down.  I'm only commuting on the train three times a week and I'm catching the train one station closer to Seattle, which is reducing my reading time even more.

But, sad as it is to admit, I'm totally hooked on these books.  Yes, it's completely unrealistic and I think Bella's a total idiot and dramatic, but it's still entertaining to read.

I still don't understand what the whole fuss is about.  My company owns a souvenir shop in Seattle and we have a bunch of Twilight-related merchandise.  And it sells!  And fans often ask how long it takes to get to Forks.  (From downtown? About 4 to 5 hours.  If you take the ferry, it could add or reduce the time, depending on the wait.)  Perhaps it's the romantic aspect of it all that young girls can't get enough of.  But me? I think Edward's kind of a jerk and if I were Bella, I would have tired of his attitude long ago.  I know how the story goes eventually and I think Bella should have stuck with Jacob.  So far, I think he's much more lovable.

And on a related note: I ended up buying the first three books paperback since they 1. were cheap and 2. had super long waits at the library.  But book 4, Breaking Dawn, doesn't come out in paperback until later this year (unless you want the UK edition).  Grrr.  So I'll have to wait until August to complete my collection. Perhaps I'll borrow it from someone else to finish reading it, I might not be able to wait that long.

Geeky related note: I spotted a grammatical error in New Moon.  Bella's dad mentioned that there was some bear sightings out by crescent lake.  It was not capitalized as it should have been.  It's actually Lake Crescent and it's quite beautiful, and COLD.  Whoever is supposed to proof these things must not be from the area...

2 comments:

marisol said...

I heart Twilight. New Moon is my least fave book but I enjoyed the series as a whole. And I am totally Team Edward... swoon....

And yes, I am 30 years old. hahaha

Princess Kitten B said...

SEE how easy it is to get hooked? Even if Edward is a bit crazy(stalker) and the books are poorly written, it speaks to that eternal 14 year old in those of us who ever loved a bad boy or the Star crossed lover.