1/08/2010

NEW FAVORITE




















I don't think I have ever mentioned that I love this [not so] new razor from Schick - the Intuition.

Sure, when I first saw it, I was not so enthused.  But I received a free sample from David's Bridal, of all places, when we went bridesmaid dress shopping last year.  I didn't do anything with it, until my sis-in-law (the bride at the time) asked me if I tried mine yet and that it was the greatest thing ever.

The ones we got are slightly different from the photo above, our cartridge only had 3 blades (now they have 4, but I think the 3-blade refills are available.)

So, it's a razor set inside what looks like a block of soap. As you shave, the "soap" gets used and gets smaller.  By the time you're done with the soap, the blade is ready to be replaced anyway.  Just pop in a new cartridge and you're good to go.

I finally opened my free sample and tested it out. And you know what? It *is* fantastic.  Now, I really love my shave gel & razor for shaving, but this all-in-one unit has some pretty practical purposes.

Travel - This is superb for traveling.  It's all in one piece and there's nothing to leak or explode.  I keep it in a plastic baggie to keep the lid from getting away, in case it were to fall off.  Also, good to keep it in the bag if it doesn't dry out completely before having to pack.

Little jobs - Like, shaving underarms.  It's easier to use this than to break out the shave gel and razor.  I have yet to get any ingrowns and it does a great job.  I had to put my laser hair removal on hold during the pregnancy, so hopefully soon I won't have to worry about shaving my underarms.  But for the time being, I'm going with this.

Just lazy - Face it, this winter I've been pretty lazy about shaving.  I know, big shocker. But for those who haven't been pregnant, being pregnant actually slows down the body's hair production.  And the cold weather slows growth as well.  So there.  My legs haven't looked like gorilla legs or anything, I just haven't been as on top of it as usual.  Since this is so quick and easy to use - just get it wet - I find myself reaching for this razor instead of my shave gel.

Pregnancy - Speaking of pregnancy again, it's harder and harder to bend over.  And this minimizes the time I need to be bent over, just to shave my legs.

Touch ups - Ever miss a spot? I do...all the time.  And this makes it easy to see where you're shaving, since there's no foam to cover what you're trying to see.

No, I'm not getting paid for this review - just sharing a product that I really like.

2 comments:

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

OH yes, I have been using this for the past year now and I absolutely love it! The refills are a little pricy at $10 for three refills, but it's so worth it. I also feel like like my skin is moisturized so much better in the winter when I use this. I will never go back!

marisol said...

That's awesome. I'll have to check it out the next time I am in walgreens.