1/11/2010

BABY BUMP - 36 WEEKS






















Here's an updated pic of my baby bump.  This is at my parents house, for the first baby shower.  It was really great to see a bunch of my family and family friends.  Due to the sheer size of my families on both sides, I am having baby showers for each side.  This time is my side of the family, hosted by my mom.

She's been to a handful of baby showers before but never hosted one herself.  She's Korean, and the baby shower is not a tradition that she grew up with.  Times may be different now, but she didn't really know what to do.  So, she pretty much planned it like a regular dinner party.  She looked up some really easy games and had prizes. She invited my Korean uncles and cousins, because, well, they didn't know either.  So, it was pretty interesting, but we all had a lot of fun.  The guys pretty much stuck together in the tv room watching football.

As for gifts, we got a lot of great things.  Lots of cute, little, soft things - like stuffed animals and blankets.  And we also got a lot of useful things that we need - like crib sheets, diapers, wipes, and onesies.

Two more baby showers to go - my in-laws and one at work - and then the buying spree begins.  Everyone says to wait until after the shower to get what you didn't receive.  But it's pretty tough to wait. Especially since I just want to have everything in place, you know?  But by next weekend, we'll know what we need and then we can get it.  We've been patient this long...we can make it!

3 comments:

Little Fish said...

You look so cute!

Auburn Kat said...

Awww! I'm so excited for you! =)

marisol said...

How awesome that you are having 3 showers. Every lil bit helps!