12/17/2009

HOLIDAY BAKE-OFF

I think I pretty much have all the supplies I need for my weekend of baking.

I love baking during the Holidays, and this year is not exception.  I have an ambitious list, but here's what I plan to make:

Chocolate Truffles - spiked with Whiskey, and maybe I'll do a peppermint version

Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies, called Oatmeal Scotchies

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini-Loaves - using Martha Stewart's Recipe

Rice Krispie Treats - decorated with red & green sprinkles

Almond Biscotti - well, I already made these and they turned out great!  I used this recipe, but substituted almond extract and added toasted slivered almonds.

Chocolate Biscotti - I made these already as well, but didn't turn out as good.  I used the recipe out of my Better Homes cookbook and the consistency was off compared to the almond ones.

I'd love to tackle a Peppermint Brownie, but not sure if I'll have enough time for that.

Anyone else doing any Holiday baking this weekend?

3 comments:

wyn said...

I can be captivated by adventurous ingredients and tastes in baking--I've been known to come with the avocado pie--but find that it's the old-fashioned tastes that might prevail in my circle. My holiday baking is going to be repetitive: three times making lemon squares. Oh but I love the recipe: http://tamarindandthyme.wordpress.com/2007/10/21/a-tribute-to-my-mother-for-apples-thyme/

Little Fish said...

I spent two hours frying latkes on Monday for our holiday party at work, but they were so delicous that it was totally worth it! Have fun baking!

Michelle said...

mmm...lemon bars. Those sound delish. After my first round of biscotti, Hubby wants me to make lemon biscotti.