12/04/2009

HAIRSPRAY OF INTRIGUE

In a recent Daily Candy email, it talked about the US debut of L'Oreal's Elnett hairspray.

Banned from the US this whole time, it has been readily available in Europe and has become a cult favorite amongst hairstylists.  Those in the know smuggle it back to the US from trips abroad.

Frankly, I never heard of the stuff.  But now that I know, I'm really interested.  Apparently, it's been available in Target stores for a while, but I get the impression that it's going to have more widespread availability.

From what I gather, it was banned in the US due to a propellant used (it's an aerosol spray).  They must have changed something in the formula but managed to keep everything else the same, including it's old-school fragrance (which based on some reviews, people cannot stand but put up with regardless).

At $14.99, I might actually buy this stuff.  I don't go through hairspray all that quickly (still working on my can of Big Sexy Hair spray), so I could make this stuff last.  For someone who uses a lot of hairspray, it could be a pricey proposition - though I've seen more expensive sprays.

No comments: