9/09/2009

ROUTINE CHANGES

I had blogged about my daily face routine earlier in the year. But this whole pregnancy thing has changed things. Did you know that while you're pregnant, you should stay away from anything with salicylic acid, retinols, and benzoyl peroxide? There are two articles on this on WebMD and BabyCenter.

This made me rethink my beauty routine. Add to this that my skin has changed, for the better! My normally very oily skin is now closer to normal and nary a pimple. I have actual dry patches on my cheeks. I need to moisturize. Am bummed that I cannot use my toner, as it would help clear up the dry patches through chemical exfoliation, but I'll live with it. I'm hoping that my skin stays this way after the baby arrives. That'd be so cool.

Pregnancy Face Routine
MORNING
1. Cleanse: Cetaphil Gentle Facial Cleanser (still have not run out of this)
2. Toner: None
3. Moisturize: Philosophy Hope in a Jar
4. Sunblock: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock
5. Treatment: None

EVENING
1. Cleanse: Philosophy Purity Cleanser
2. Toner: None
3. Treatment: None
4. Moisturize: Philosophy Hope in a Jar followed by The Present Skin Perfector

ONCE A WEEK (or more) - Exfoliate: Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash

As you can see, it got a whole lot simpler and I'm using fewer products. I like!

2 comments:

marisol said...

Cetaphil is awesome!

A Little Pink... said...

Cetaphil moisturizer is my absolute FAVORITE! It's the best. I have the gentle cleanser too and it has lasted so long! I'm not too fond of it but it really works with my sensitive skin.