6/29/2009

POOR NEGLECTED GARDEN

Just like this blog, I have also been neglecting my container garden.

I had planted three seed packets. Only one of them actually sprouted - the Mesclun mix - but I did not harvest the lettuce. And now, it's flowering. Whoops!

Luckily, my haphazard watering was enough for my other pots with the tomatoes and strawberries. They're not looking so bad.

I actually harvested three strawberries and they were delish. Sorry no pic, I ate them right quick. But it looks like there will be more coming.

The tomato plant had some blossoms, so I'm hopeful. It's been sunny and warm, so far so good. I just have to be more diligent about watering, because some of the leaves are yellowing. The basil plant is sprouting away, but bugs or slugs are feasting on the leaves...grrr. As for the green onions, they're still growing and are quite twee, like little green toothpicks.

The waiting continues....

No comments: