6/30/2009

MORE JAMBA GOODNESS

I've been on a big Jamba Juice kick lately. Must have something to do with the warmer weather or something. For me, it's about the most perfect breakfast. It's fruit, it's easy to drink on the go, it's filling (with the protein boost), and they taste good.

I've been experimenting with the current flavors and some of the "older classic" flavors. At my local Jamba, they have the older flavors listed on a separate menu board, but not what's in them. They are technically not being actively sold, but they can make them if they have the ingredients (which they do). A lot of people still order from the "old" menu.

So far, my favorites have been the Citrus Squeeze, Orange A'Peel, Aloha Pineapple, Razzmatazz, and Acai Super-Antioxidant.

One of the employees, a manager I think, always asks if I want the oatmeal. I think it's a new product, so they're trying to push it. He's really excited about their new product offering. Unfortunately, I'm not always in the mood for oatmeal. But, one day, I questioned if it was "that good" and he gave me a sample of the Apple Cinnamon oatmeal.

And I have to say it was quite good. It's almost like dessert, as they describe it like apple pie. The oats themselves are steel cut oats, which have a higher nutritional boost than regular rolled oats. Then they top the oatmeal with the apple compote and a brown sugar crumb topping. Quite tasty.

And looking at their web site, some of their stores have other food items. So, this might be a trend in the rest of the Jamba's. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

2 comments:

Auburn Kat said...

I can't say that I've ever tried Jamba Juice before!

marisol said...

The oatmeal is pretty good. I have had it when I forget to eat breakfast or want a light lunch.

My indulgence is the Orange Dream Machine. So good!