I've known for a while the deliciousness of strawberries on salad.
But here's a recipe that put a bit of a twist on it, using jam as a base for the dressing. So smart!
A great simple strawberry salad for me consists of:
- A good lettuce - spring mix or romaine
- Strawberries, cut in pieces
- Toasted Slivered Almonds (unsalted)
- Feta Cheese Crumbles, or a mild Gorgonzola (I can't stand a too stinky blue cheese)
- Dressing: Balsamic Vinaigrette
It's the perfect salad for Summer! I can't wait for our local berries to come into season (though it'll be a while) as there is nothing like a strawberry picked when it's ripe.
19 hours ago