4/13/2009

PEEP-TACULAR

We had a nice relaxing Easter dinner at my parents house. Pretty much a low-key event. No chocolate bunnies were exchanged, but Dad give me more copies of albums that he burned onto CD...like Lionel Richie "Can't Slow Down" and Billy Joel "Innocent Man". Yah!

Also, checked out the winners of the Seattle Times Peep Contest. Some are really very creative!

Hubby has expressed an interest in buying a motorcycle. He's taken the classes and has the endorsement on his license. He used to ride his Dad's motorcycle, but the bike had died an untimely death. Hubby's friend has informed him that there are a lot of great deals out there right now, since so many people want/need to unload their luxuries. I'm thinking that yes, it's a good time to buy, but I really don't want to part with my cash on a motorcycle. He says he'll buy me a diamond bracelet, but I'm not feeling too good about that either. Ugh.

Also over the weekend we went to see the UW Football Spring Scrimmage. It wasn't really my thing, but it was an opportunity to get out of the house. I made us a picnic lunch some sandwiches. But when we got there it was so cold and windy! We didn't stay the whole time. The Spring game is in 2 weeks and I'm hoping for better weather. While we're down there, we want to check out the Arboretum.

I also made cookies - Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. I got Hubby a Double O, which is a peanut butter cookie with a peanut butter cup smooshed in the middle, from Three Girls Bakery in the Pike Place Market. They're his favorite. I was going to make those other oatmeal cookies with the apricots and white chocolate chips, but I didn't have the chips (and didn't feel like going to the store). Hubby protested and lobbied for peanut butter chocolate chip (even AFTER the Double O). They turned out really good!

3 comments:

Paula said...

Sounds like you had a fun filled Easter weekend- and were busy cooking yummies! You'll have to share your recipes :)

Auburn Kat said...

Sounds like you had a Happy Easter!

Yvett said...

OMG! Those Peeps are adorable! Did you show them to Jenny (LJC)? You have to, have to, have to send her the link.