4/14/2009

EARLY BIRD

I'm not a morning person...at all. Hubby's not a morning person either. But he has to get up before I do to go to work. It's a bone of contention, since I make fun of him for falling asleep at 8:30 on a Friday. His job is a lil more tiring than mine, I suppose.

But it's getting pretty bad. Getting out of bed is harder and harder for me. It's not that I'm depressed, but I think that I'm just not getting good sleep. The dogs are the main contributors to this, as they like to wake me up in the middle of the night.

Once I'm up, though, I'm fine. I'll be a little groggy, but by the time I've finished my coffee or tea, then I'm good.

So, I've enlisted the help of Hubby. Since he's better about getting up (usually by third snooze button), I asked him to wake me up as well.

At first he was reluctant. His first attempts were not good enough. I still got out of bed late.

I told him he had to be a little mean, despite me being grumpy. I told him to turn on the lights and TV.

And today, it worked. I got out of bed on time! I dried my hair! And I caught the earlier train!

I'm hoping to make a habit out of this, but it's something that I need help with. Good thing Hubby is there to turn the lights on.

5 comments:

Lys said...

I hear ya on the morning "ugh" when it comes to getting up. I have that problem constantly and while the dog used to help me get up early - now he likes to "sleep in" during the week and on the weekend it's all "Mom - GET UP!" Ugh.

Alarm clocks and I just don't get along.

marisol said...

I am a total night owl. Sucks cause I don't feel productive until 10am

Amber said...

I am not a morning person either and I really wish I was. I try and try and I'm just not! :(

Paula said...

I am the same way! My hubby literally has to drag me out of bed in the morning- I am always so happy when I get up earlier though- there is all this time! Good luck with your new endeavor :)

Auburn Kat said...

I am NOT a morning person at all! For me my trick is...once the alarm goes off I get out of bed immediately. If I lay there, it's over and I have a hard time getting up. Once I'm out of bed I go right to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee, then to the bathroom to splash water on my face and put in my contacts.