4/16/2009

BETTER STUFF



You might have seen the commercial already. Snapple has unveiled their newly formulated beverages with "better stuff". You didn't think it could get any better than "The Best Stuff on Earth", but you apparently can.

Joking aside, it's not like you can change your catch phrase just because you decided to use real sugar (again) Originally, they did use real sugar, then switched to HFCS to reduce costs. I'm not to exact on the particulars, but I think they also dropped the "All Natural" claim when they switched away from sugar as well. (We did a case study on Snapple during a Negotiations class in college, this was one of the issues: sugar vs. corn syrup, is corn syrup natural?, etc.)

I think it's a smart move on Snapple's part. Going away from corn syrup is what the people want, and they're no longer the big name that they used to be. I can't remember the last time I bought Snapple, but this has reminded me that their iced tea is really good! Very smart!

1 comment:

Auburn Kat said...

I LOVE Snapple!