3/26/2009

MORE WANTING

While I'm doing all this mental spending and window shopping, I'll just keep going.

I'd really love a pair of oversized sunglasses. I have a pair of Gucci-style knock offs, but I'd really like to have a better quality item for wearing this summer. When it comes to sunglasses, I have learned to spend more. I know, doesn't sound like a good idea, does it?

Let me explain. I would be really bad with my glasses. Losing them. Breaking them. Letting them get all scratched up.

Then a while back, while shopping at the PX (on Fort Lewis. A department store where stuff is cheaper and tax-free), I picked up a pair of Ray-Bans. This was almost 10 years ago. I spent around $40 on them. Quite the bargain for a good pair of sunglasses, but more than I usually spent. They also came with a hard case. I took really great care of them. The case broke before the sunglasses did. I wore them for a few good years before they died a fabulous death. I take that back. I'm not sure what I did with them...but the point is, is that since I was more invested, I made sure that the sunglasses weren't treated improperly.

When I was shopping for another pair of sunglasses in a different style about 3 years ago, I got a pair of Kate Spades that were around $40. I still have them and wear them. At least the case has held up better.

I'm not really sure what I'll do for my next pair of sunglasses. As mentioned above, I'd love a pair of oversized ones. So glamorous!

These Gucci ones are adorable, but way out of my price range.
























You get the idea though. Also, just need a little bit of sun and a reason to wear sunglasses!

4 comments:

Amber said...

I have never spent a significant amount of money on sunglasses. I too tend to lose them at least a few times per season, so I would be worried about spending too much! Ha!
Those Gucci ones are adorable though!!!

ErikaBee said...

Try Nordstrom Rack if you have one near you...They have alot of designer glasses for under $60!

marisol said...

Those are cute!

I used to be like you and only had like the cheapo sunglasses which I never took care of and would eventually lose. About three years ago, I stopped by the Coach counter and after an internal battle with myself, I dropped $180 on a pair of Coach sunglasses. Three years later I still have them and they are in great condition. In the past two years, I have also added two pairs of Chanel ones. It's an addiction. :)

Michelle said...

Thanks for the great idea, ErickaB. I checked out the Rack, but they didn't have anything that I loved. Some cute Coach ones for $65, but they were black and I want tortoise. Will revisit later.

Also spied at the Rack, lots of Coach & Kate Spade at reduced prices.