3/03/2009

A CLONE OF PANERA

I love Panera Bread. There isn't one by my house, however. Perhaps that's a good thing.

But if I drive to work, there's one along the way. And sometimes I stop in.

Because I just LOVE their Baked Egg Souffle's. They're so good. And I can eat only half of it and be happy.

I've been on a kick of making breakfast. Mom gave me a dozen eggs when I already had 11 of them. So breakfasty items are a natural as they use up a lot of eggs.** I found a recipe that uses multiple eggs and reproduces the Panera Baked Egg Souffle. Brilliant! It's something I'd like to try to make.

Spinach Artichoke Baked Egg Souffle Recipe at Epicurious.com

I also give them props for their awesome Turkey Artichoke Panini. The other pastries look really good as well, but I haven't tried them.

**Had a bake-a-thon over the weekend for using up the eggs: Stuffed Overnight French Toast, Ham & Cheese Quiche, Egg Salad, and Orange-Cranberry Scones. They are providing me with breakfasts and lunch items for the week. I should do this more often.

2 comments:

wyn said...

I love Panera cafes, too. When I went recently, we ordered boring soup+sandwich because it would hit the spot (instead of a greasy or too-large lunch at a restaurant) and not cost a lot.

That souffle recipe sounds divine but too much work for me - and I'll be sure to try to order a souffle next time I'm at a Panera! :)

Auburn Kat said...

I haven't been in to a Panera's for awhile.

I love french toast!