3/01/2009

8 YEARS AGO

How much have you changed in 8 years? I saw this fun meme on Auburn Kat's blog. I thought I'd play along.

**8 Years​ Ago (March 2001)​*​*​
1) How old were you?
21

2) Who were you datin​g?​
Hubby

3) Where​ did you work?​
I worked at a rubber stamp company (the kind that people use for stationery and scrapbooking). I worked as an admin at the time, but I could do almost everything involved in production. An interesting job - a small business owned by my old neighbor.

4) Where​ did you live?​
Tukwila, Washington

5) Where​ did you hang out?
UW Tacoma Library and campus or at the kitchen table in my apartment. I was finishing up my degree at this point, so not much of a life at this point in time.

6) Did you wear conta​cts and/​or glass​es?
No

7) Who was your best frien​d?​
Hubby. I spent the most time with him. Again, my coursework took all my life at that moment. At school, I hung out with a girl named Leda. Jenny's one of my closest friends at this point, but she's living so far away - I think she's in Alaska at this time.

8) How many tatto​os did you have?​
None

9) How many pierc​ings did you have?​
5 - my ears, 3 on one side, 2 on the other

10) What kind of car did you drive​?​
1985 Nissan Sentra - lovingly referred to as Brownie, because it was square and brown. Hubby jokingly calls it The Brown Turd. This is my first car.

11) Had you been to a real party​?​
I lived in a party apt for a while. But had moved out by this point.

12) Had you had your heart​ broke​n?​
No

13) Were you Singl​e/​Taken​/​Marri​ed/​Divor​ced?​
I guess Taken would be the correct word. Hubs and I were serious at this point. He just bought a house and we were planning our move.

14) Any Kids?​
No

***5 YEARS​ AGO ( Mar 2005)​*​*​*​
1) How old were you?
24

2) Who were you datin​g?​
I was married in 2002.

3) Where​ did you work at the time?​
At my current job, as an accountant for a restaurant company.

4) Where​ did you live?​
Maple Valley, WA

5) Where​ did you hang out?
My house, my work, other friends' homes

6) Did you wear conta​cts and/​or glass​es?​
No, but have a pair that I don't wear

7) Who were your best frien​d(​s)​
Jenny's in New Mexico right now, I believe. Hubby and I are married. I hang out a lot with my sis-in-law Andrea.

8) How many tatto​os did you have?​
0

9) How many pierc​ings did you have?​
Same, 5 - in ears

10) What car did you drive​?​
2002 Toyota Corolla in Silver. I always wanted a silver car. My second car, but first brand new one.

11) Have you had your heart​ broke​n?​
No

12) Were you Singl​e/​Taken​/​Marri​ed/​Divor​ced?​
Married

13) Any Kids?​
No, but 2 dogs

*​*​*​*​TODAY​ (Mar 2009)​*​*​*​*​
1) Age?
29...for a few more days yet

2) Where​ do you work?​
Same job - Accountant, but with some more responsibility and benefits.

3) Where​ do you live?​
Maple Valley, WA - same house

5) Who are your close​st frien​ds?​
Still the same. Jenny's in New Mexico, but had gone to China for a couple of years in between.

6) Do you talk to your old frien​ds?​
Some of them. It's hard to keep friendships going when we all have so much going on.

7) How many pierc​ings do you have?​
5 - ears - same

8) How many tatto​os?​
1

9) What kind of car do you have?​
2009 Toyota Camry in Charcoal Grey Metallic. This is my third car.

10) Has your heart​ been broke​n?​
No, am glad to say

11) Singl​e/​Taken​/​Marri​ed/​Divor​ced/​Engag​ed?​
Married. I can't believe how fast it's gone by.

12) How many kids?​
Same two Dogs!

How much have you change in 8 years?
As you can see, not too much. I'm not too big on change I guess, or perhaps I got it out of my system a tad early. And you know what? I'M OK WITH THAT!

2 comments:

wyn said...

I love this meme! I did one 4 or 5 years ago and it's overall a nice feeling to know how far we've come along. I think I might do this meme...provided at least 75% of my answers are acceptable (to me) haha.

I just love how you've never had your heart broken - lucky lucky girl :)

Auburn Kat said...

I loved reading this!