2/24/2009

MY GOODNESS!

So, yesterday was a very exciting at the Casa-de-Grown Up Girlie.

Hubs called me while I was at work saying that the refinancing process is finalized and that a Notary would be coming over for us to sign paperwork. In the past, we had to go to the escrow office and do all of this. Not sure if this is a new service-oriented thing or a "it needs to be done TODAY" thing.

He came over and we signed all the paperwork. And we dropped our mortgage payment by almost $200 a month. And we get a little cash back. AND the first payment begins in April! We get to skip a month! Woot! We get a little cash back because I guess they don't know all the exact taxes and fees so they usually shoot the loan amount higher. Also, the way they calculate the property taxes they treat it as a whole new loan rather than an extension of the old one. Which means we get a refund of property taxes that we had prepaid into escrow.

For us, we are going to sock it away in savings for the time being.

Another exciting development, we have received our tax refund. A whole lot earlier than expected, too (based on the IRS's own payment disbursement schedule). And you already know the plan for the refund, baby!

I'm feeling more and more adult by the day...

4 comments:

Fabulously Broke said...

Hey that's great! :) So responsible :)

Auburn Kat said...

I can't wait to get my tax refund! Granted, I'm sure I will just put it in savings...but I still like it=)

marisol said...

Congrats on feeling like a grown up.

Lys said...

That is AWESOME news! Congrats!