2/16/2009

LOVELY

I had a really nice Valentine's Day. It was especially great because it was on a Saturday and we could really take our time. As opposed to a weekday V-Day, where I'd rush home in order to celebrate.

We slept in. I made pancakes with mixed berry topping. (Take some frozen berries and add some sorbet and place in small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until desired consistency is reached and stir on occasion.)

Watched 'Tropic Thunder' (Hubs fell asleep while watching it the night before).

Went to Shane Co. to shop for jewelry for me. I don't think I mentioned it before, but for Christmas/Anniversary, Hubby wanted to give me a diamond tennis bracelet. I had probably mentioned I wanted one in passing (who doesn't?). So, he actually went and looked. He saw one that he liked, but the problem is that it's $4000. He never really thought that it would be that much and it was way beyond our gift budget. So he got me a gift card instead. I wanted to see what he had picked out for me, and I was quite impressed. It's a gorgeous classic tennis bracelet, but not in the cards right now. I ended up looking around, but didn't buy anything. I'm looking online, though....

Then we went to the Museum of Glass. We've been wanting to visit for a long time now and finally have a chance to do so. We even have a 2-for-1 coupon for admission from the Entertainment Book. When we got there, we only had a half-hour to explore the museum. It turns out that was all that was needed because the Museum is actually quite small. They had three exhibitions and the Hot Shop was closed (where they do demonstrations). We were surprised that there wasn't more Chihuly glass in the museum...while there was a bunch of it outside on the Bridge of Glass. (Note: open to the public and free!) Despite the very large and intricate Chihuly chandelier, our favorite pieces were the ones designed by children.





















It was a chilly day, and afterward we got coffees from Starbucks. For me, a salted caramel mocha. It's a holiday, after all!! Then we wandered through my old college campus and marveled as to how much it has grown.

Once home, we made dinner together. Hubby's choice: T-Bone steaks with sauteed mushrooms and cream cheese mashed potatoes. For dessert, Mini-Cheesecakes from The Confectional: White Chocolate Strawberry, Dark Chocolate Raspberry, Chocolate & Peanut Butter, and Triple Berry. It was delish.

Then we watched Pretty Woman on TV. I noted to Hubby that I when I saw this movie, I was probably too young to see it. Seeing it as an adult, I can understand more things than when I saw it as a child. Funny that.

Hope your V-Day was just as lovely.

1 comment:

Auburn Kat said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's day!