1/07/2009

ROOM TO GROOVE

On our last trip to Mexico, we had run out of space on our camera's memory card. We had to go through the pics and delete some of them (admittedly, some of them warranted deletion).

On a trip before that, when we visited my parents in Texas and my friends in Albuquerque, we also ran out of space on our camera's memory card. While in Albuquerque, we bought another memory card. It was a 256 KB card and we paid about $80 for it - AFTER rebate! Yes, this was a while back.

So, thinking about these things, I decided that we need to buy some more memory. I knew prices had fallen, but I didn't know the extent. That last card we bought was almost 5 years ago.

While at Costco picking up toilet paper, I also picked up this little guy:











It was $29.99 and after using a $6 coupon - it's $23.99 plus tax. 4 gigs! Amazing! If we run out of space on this, I will be shocked. AND it also came with a coupon for 50 photo prints at Costco. Sweet!

This card is in the camera right now and we'll bring the other cards we have as well, but I have a feeling that they won't be needed.

*As a reference, my first computer that I bought in college had a hard drive of 10 gigs and THAT was pretty big at the time. This is just ridiculous how small everything has gotten.

4 comments:

Paula said...

I have the 4G camera card and I love it! I never have to delete pics when I go on an extended trip! :)
Great price too :)

bdogg_mcgee said...

I bought an 8GB one on Amazon and I don't know what to do with all that room!

I know what you mean about everything getting smaller. The first computer I bought had a 1.4 GB hard drive and had a Pentium 2 processor. I thought I was so cool....

Auburn Kat said...

I need to get a bigger one too!

Yvett said...

I was about to ask if you'd gotten it at Costco and then I read it. I know because we got one too! LOL!

I can't wait to see pictures!