1/30/2009

RECIPE HELPER

I would like to switch gears and wax poetic about a favorite food product of mine: Barilla No-Boil Lasagna noodles.

I don't know how they do it, but these noodles make the process of making lasagna so much easier. But most importantly, they taste really great.

This week, I put together a quick lasagna using these noodles, some meat spaghetti sauce my Mom made*, cottage cheese**, and mozzarella cheese. The results were fantastic and it took less than a half hour to assemble. Shredding the mozzarella cheese actually took the most time (as I didn't go with pre-shredded cheese).

I think we'll be having lasagna for dinner tonight as well!

*Mom picked us up from the airport. It was a late arriving flight - we landed at 11:30 PM. Our truck was at my parents house, so we went there first. As we were leaving their house, Mom gave us a box of food - including the spaghetti sauce - knowing that we probably didn't have much food in the house or the desire to go grocery shopping and cook.

** I normally hate cottage cheese. Something about the texture is just ewww to me. But in lasagna, I love it. Strange.

1 comment:

Paula said...

I have been wanting to try the no bake noodles for forever- I saw Aida on the food network endorse them too! I will definitely have to try them now :)