1/14/2009

MAPLE VALLEY'S 15 MINUTES ARE UP

And I didn't even know it was even going on...

Your 15 Minutes Are Up - from The Stranger

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I live in Maple Valley.

The Stranger is a Seattle-centric local weekly, so they do write some satire. So, not sure if they are slamming MV or praising it.

I didn't grow up here, but I've been here for almost 8 years. MV has much to offer. For one thing, compared to any city neighborhood, it's quiet. At night, I don't hear noise from the outside. It's in stark contrast to my city apartment where police sirens were a common part of the background noise. It's also growing - more retail and residential.

They point out the lack of public transit. I cannot argue with that. To live here, you must have a car. But that can be said of even the larger towns nearby. Unless you want to live in Seattle's neighborhoods, you need a car. The whole public transportation thing seems to be out of our control, as we're not just big enough.

And speaking of living in Seattle, most people that do, rent. And most people that own, own a tiny old house with no parking or are well-off. The burbs is where normal people with normal incomes live.

Anyways, I heart Maple Valley.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Its nice to like where you live :)