1/26/2009

CRAVING

Nearing the end of our Mexico vacation, I was craving a good ol' American food stuff - The Cheeseburger.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mexican cuisine and the food at the resort was outstanding. They also had a wide variety of foods as well, including some pretty good Asian food and sushi.

Room service had a cheeseburger on it, which Hubby ordered when he didn't feel like leaving the room. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the same. Being a lover of Cheddar cheese, it was missed when we received a different cheese on the burger. Cheddar cheese was pretty hard to come by. Despite frequent appearances of cheddar cheese at any of our local Mexican restaurants, it's apparently not part of Yucatanean cuisine.

On our first evening back home, we went to Red Robin for dinner and I had their Bacon Cheeseburger. And it was goooood. So much for eating healthy, but cravings must be tended to.

We were also craving a good pizza, too. Maybe we'll do that tonight :)

3 comments:

Paula said...

Yay for pizza and burgers! :)

marisol said...

Whenever I go to Mexico, I crave authentic mexican food. Once I am there, I eat as much as I can. By the time I come back to California, I don't want to see another mexican anything.

Auburn Kat said...

Pizza and wings sounds good right now!