11/19/2008

REDICULOUSLY EASY

I am leaving for the desert today. My flight isn't until the afternoon and I have a little bit of time on my hands. I even logged on to my work server and took care of some tasks. I might as well since I have to do them when I get back anyway. It's the bad part about my job. When I take the day off or go on vacation, the work piles up and it still needs to get done. While the workers in my company's restaurants work their butts off, when they take the day off, someone else can take over. Oh well, I can't complain too much.

Anyway...I have everything packed. This is the first time I'm doing all carry-on. I'm bringing a laptop and it's considered a "personal item" in addition to the one carry-on bag. Score! Unfortunately, I don't have room for my camera so...sorry, no pics! I'm hoping Mom will bring hers, as it's smaller than my brick of a camera. I've already checked in online and have learned that I'm at the back of the place. Eww! But flying first class on the way home, so it'll be consolation.

I will do this last post before my break. It's a recipe that my Mom showed me the other day.
They are rediculously easy and really good. You better like garlic though...

Garlicky Green Beans

1 bunch Green Beans, about 2 cups worth, stemmed
2 cloves Garlic, grated or minced
1 TB Olive Oil
1 tsp Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flake
1/4 tsp Black Pepper, ground

Note on the green beans, you can use fresh or frozen. Mom had the frozen kind and she defrosted them in the microwave. The defrosting had cooked them slightly. If you're using fresh, steam them slightly.

Preheat a saute pan to medium heat. Add olive oil and garlic and saute, making sure the garlic does not burn, for about a minute. Then add the beans and cook for 3 minutes, or until the beans are cooked through (but not mushy!). Then add the remaining ingredients. Add more of each ingredient to your taste.

Serve hot as a side dish.

Take care, ya'll! I'll post when I get back.

3 comments:

Auburn Kat said...

YAH for flying first class on the way back! Have a great trip!

marisol said...

Sounds delish!

Sarah Von said...

Those green beans sound fantastic! Yummo.