10/22/2008

RETAIL SADNESS

Linens 'N Things retail stores are closing.

I couldn't believe it myself, but I got the emails and it's true.

Liquidation sale.

I happen to have some LNT gift cards, so I will be checking out one of the few stores that is still open Luckily I have one to visit, since the web site won't accept gift cards as payment. I also contacted the store location and they really don't know their end date. How scary is that? But, got some information - they will NOT be accepting those ubiquitous 20%-off coupons that are always around.

Some things I'll be looking for: A Fall leaf wreath, coffee grinder - a good one, white towels, outdoor chair cover (dog destroyed current one, probably from chasing a squirrel or other such rodent)

Get thee to LNT for some great deals!

p.s. Will also be shopping for Halloween costumes tonight and perhaps eat at great Thai restaurant, Indochine.

3 comments:

Auburn Kat said...

I definitely will be doing some bargain hunting!!!

marisol said...

How sad. I wonder why Bed Bath & Beyond is not in the same trouble as it is practically the same store.

Michelle said...

Marisol, I thought the same thing, but it turns out they are different companies completely. My friend, who is an ex-BBB employee, heard rumors that the LNT down the street was in trouble 5 years ago. So, it appears trouble was brewing for quite a while.