10/14/2008

EAT ON THIS?

I got this food meme via Fabulously Broke. Looks like fun!

Bold
if eaten, RED
or strikeout if you'll never eat it. (Add commentary if you like, because I certainly will)

1. New York pizza - I've had NY Style Pizza, but not in NY. Does this count?

2. Hoppin' John - I don't what this is
3. New Mexico green chile - In New Mexico, even. Hi Jenny!

4. Homemade buttermilk biscuits - Sadly, no. Not homemade at least.
5. Tasso
6. Whole Maine lobster - But would love to go to Maine and have it again, because lobster is not my fave usually (it might be different were it not shipped across the country)

7. Calabash-style shrimp and hushpuppies
8. Kansas City barbecue ribs - KC style, I do not know.

9. Hot glazed Krispy Kreme - I've had better....

10. San Diego fish tacos - Can't pin down how SD style is different.

11. Cheese curds - blech.

12. Key lime pie

13. Philly cheese steak - But not in Philly, so does it even count?

14. Memphis pork barbecue sandwich

15. Lowcountry boil - Yes, quite often actually.

16. Huckleberry pie - Love the huckleberry, but never had it in pie

17. New England clam chowder - Abundance of this stuff in Seattle

18. Boiled peanuts

19. Buffalo (Bison) burger - I might have had a bite of Hubby's

20. Eggs Benedict

21. Pastrami on rye

22. Corned beef and cabbage

23. Pancakes with maple syrup
24. Everything bagel with cream cheese and tomato - Hold the tomato

25. Thin Mints
- Best Girl Scout Cookie EVER
26. Frito pie - Chili on Frito's - great combo

27. Potato knish with mustard

28. Silver Queen corn on the cob - probably, as it seems to describe any white corn

29. Soft pretzel from a street cart

30. Fresh-picked blueberries - Mom has blueberry bushes

31. Sourwood honey - This list seems a little East Coast biased....

32. State fair funnel cake - I prefer the Elephant Ears or Scones when I go to the Fair

33. Chesapeake crab cakes - Pacific Northwest, if you please

34. Candied yams

35. Oyster dressing

36. Snow cone or snowball

37. Wild Alaskan salmon
- At least once a year, when the Copper Rivers or Yukon Rivers are in season
38. Sautéed more - What is this? Couldn't find any info on it

39. Persimmon pudding - Persimmons, yes. In a pudding, no.

40. General Tso's Chicken
41. Frozen custard

42. Italian sausage with peppers and onions on a hoagie bun
43. Chili dogs
- One of the dishes Hubby knows how to make
44. Buffalo wings with blue cheese

45. Spam musubi - I want to though, very popular in Hawaii

46. Saltwater taffy

47. Fluffernutter sandwich on Wonder Bread

48. Black and white cookie

49. Frybread

50. BLT with thick-cut applewood bacon

51. Baked beans

52. Pumpkin pie

53. Collards with vinegar and Tabasco
54. Tex-Mex fajitas with skirt steak and sautéed peppers

55. Fried green tomatoes - I made them once

56. Succotash

57. Shrimp and grits

58. Hot water cornbread

59. Barbecue chicken pizza with red onions
60. Chicken fried steak

61. Carnitas burrito

62. Apple butter

63. Geoduck (pronounced: Gooey-duck) - Might have, they're abundant here

64. Soft-serve ice cream cone dipped in chocolate shell

65. Pecan pie

66. Catfish supper at a church or fire station

67. Oysters Rockefeller

68. Homemade cranberry sauce

69. Pimento cheese
70. MoonPie washed down with R.C. Cola
71. Pickled watermelon rind

72. Cracker Jacks at the ball game

73. Smithfield ham

74. Meatloaf and mashed potato blue plate special at diner

75. Chicken and waffles
76. Po'Boy with many napkins

77. Green bean casserole with French's fried onions

78. Stuffed sopaipillas
79. Turducken

80. Shad roe on toast

81. Sweet potato casserole with or without marshmallows

82. Cioppino

83. New York cheesecake

84. Pan-fried river trout

85. Jambalaya

86. North Carolina pig pickin'

87. California rolls

88. Burgoo

89. Penuche fudge

90. Fried peanut butter and banana sandwich

91. Scrapple or livermush

92. Elk medallions in red wine reduction - Have had elk, but as a steak

93. Muscadine grapes

94. Cheeseburger at backyard barbecue - Who hasn't? Hubby's other recipe he knows how to make

95. Open-face turkey sandwich

96. Chicago deep dish pizza

97. Cobb salad

98. Peach pie a la mode

99. Macaroni and cheese
100. Root beer float

I suppose living in Seattle has it advantages, there are lots of different cultures here and restaurants to reflect it. And I'll try just about anything at least once, even the Shad roe. Caviar is not on the list, but that is where I draw the line. I will eat raw oysters as I don't think they're that bad, but I do think they're overpriced.

4 comments:

Fabulously Broke said...

Wow a heck of a lot more than me :)

Yvett said...

There were several things that I've never even heard of. Hmm . . .

I'll have to play along!

Auburn Kat said...

That just made me hungry and I just ate dinner!

Little Fish said...

I'm licking my lips... mmm...