9/24/2008

HELPING HANDS

I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but it's big...at least for me.

Recently, Hubby got a promotion at work and to celebrate he hired a house cleaner. (We also went out for Thai food). I was really touched my his gesture. He even set the whole thing up and found a lady through a friend of his.

We've been talking about it for a while. Or rather, I was bitching about how I detest cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen. And Hubby complains "he's too tired" and "doesn't have time" to do a thorough cleaning. So stuff gets cleaned enough so it's not disgusting, but not as clean as we'd really like. While we're clean people, we hate the actual doing of the cleaning.

What put Hubby over the edge was that friends of his also have cleaning service and it turns out not to be all that expensive, considering the time and sanity saving.

She came by for her first cleaning. She explained that she could be cleaning all day if we wanted her to (and she charges by the hour), but usually she focuses on areas of concern first and cleans the rest. And as time goes by, all areas will be cleaned thoroughly. Even after the first cleaning, we noticed a huge difference. She really does some detailed work (and we realized how things can get so dirty so easily).

It feels kinda strange though that we have a service like this. Next thing you'll know, I'll have a private chef (which would be AWESOME, but out of the question). But I think I'll just have to get used to it. No more scrubbing the tub, yay!

4 comments:

Auburn Kat said...

I don't mind cleaning at all. I would definitely hire a chef though!

Paula said...

What a wonderful present from your hubby! Cleaning can be so tedious sometimes. :)

Yvett said...

That's awesome. My cleaning lady is me. It's pretty overwhelming sometimes because my house is big, but I'm a stickler for a clean house. I put off tedious things like cleaning baseboards for as long as I can, though.

Lys said...

That was so sweet of him! I'm contemplating hiring someone to clean the aparment here before I move and one for the one in Philly when I move up there. Seems like the money is worth the aggravation...