9/25/2008

BREAKFAST ON A STICK


Way back when we were visiting my parents when they were living in South Texas, Hubby and I made it a point to visit a Sonic Drive-Thru. I've already told you how much we love Sonic and while we don't have any in Washington (yet?), we get to see all their commercials (some of which are quite good).

So on this visit, Hubby feel in love with one of Sonic's breakfast items - a breakfast corn dog. It was a breakfast sausage dipped in pancake batter and served with maple syrup. He thought it was a very smart and delicious idea (he also thinks the same of the McGriddle). On a more recent visit when we were in Albuquerque, it was no longer on the menu.

But, I just happened to be perusing the frozen aisle of the grocery store looking for something to eat for breakfast when I spied Jimmy Dean's Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick. Of course, I had to buy them. And when I showed them to Hubby, he was really happy about it.

I tried one and it's pretty good. Not exactly diet food, but it'll work well as a breakfast item. They even have other flavors - blueberry pancake and chocolate chip pancake - but they don't sound that good to me.

4 comments:

deanna said...

OMG they just opened a sonic in Cleveland and I just wrote a post about it lol! I'll have to try the breakfast corn dog next time!

Lys said...

I have a Sonic near me and, I have to say, I have never gone. I didn't want to get too attached before I leave. :::sigh::: Perhaps they have them in Philly?

Yvett said...

Sorry about you not having a Sonic. I'll think of you next time I go. ;P

My kids love the pancake & sausage combination. I mix in sausage when I make waffles for breakfast. It's not on a stick, but they love it.
Now their complaint is that my waffles don't come out of a toaster. Can you believe it?

jae said...

Well, when you're down here in Oregon heading for the coast (even though it's fall and soon winter you know it's beautiful!) we have a Sonic in Beaverton and Salem. Yum! I didn't know they had breakfast food! Just great, I'm trying to SHED the pounds! Well, one won't hurt, right? :) ~j