8/14/2008

THE IMPORTANCE OF D

Vitamin D, that is.

800 IU per day is the new goal.

I just went to the doctor and he said there's new research that's concluding that people aren't getting enough Vitamin D. And that they're finding that it's does a lot more that they previously knew. It's especially important for those living in the Pacific Northwest, since it's been found that only 25% of the population here gets their RDA of Vitamin D. It's most likely due to the lack of sun.

So, remember to drink your milk, take your supplements, and get outside a little bit every day.

Also, I just learned that a serving of Salmon has almost 400 IU of D. I like salmon!

2 comments:

Lys said...

Ohhh - I think I need to find some more salmon recipes.

Princess Kitten said...

This is the info I found on it:

Fish liver oils, particularly those of:

Halibut
Cod
Saltwater fish, including:

Herring
Mackerel
Salmon
Sardines
Eel
Other sources of Vitamin D are:
Milk
Butter
Cheese
Margarine
Cream
Yogurt
Egg