8/01/2008

HP GEEK OUT

Am I the only one excited about this? I just happened to be browsing on Amazon, when this caught my eye. They're finally selling copies of "The Tales of Beedle the Bard".

This was that book that JK Rowling had HANDWRITTEN and given to friends, but sold one copy through auction to raise money for charity. I remember fans at the time being sooooo upset that there was so plans (released at the time) to print copies for the rest of us. But either they did and didn't tell or decided to afterwards.

Either way, I'm happy that I finally get to read these stories. And no, I won't be purchasing the collector edition. Maybe I'll peruse it in the store, but the regular copy is fine with me.

Speaking of Amazon, I was thinking of selling some books on it. Any of you have any experience with Amazon's "Sell Your Stuff"? (MerrieB has had some success and I hear lots of people do that as well). I'm almost to the point where I need to thin out the bookshelves.

3 comments:

Yvett said...

You're not the only one. I'm excited too! Plus, they'll be out for Christmas.
I hadn't seen that collector edition, but I think the regular one will be ok. I want the collector edition of the Harry Potters. There's this one set that comes in a trunk like the one Harry would pack his thing in. I. Want. One.

I've never sold on Amazon, sorry.

Auburn Kat said...

I haven't sold anything on amazon but I am in the process of going through some of my stuff that I want to sell. Let me know if it works good or not.

Have a good wknd!

Amber said...

Ooooh, I so want this!
PS: I'm a lurker and finally de-lurking. Of course Harry Potter brings me out of hiding ;)