8/05/2008

DILEMMA SOLVED

Of all the important debates going on right now, I have decided on a winner in my facial cleanser battle: Philosophy's Purity vs. Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

And the winner is:






















Philosophy's Purity

I gave the Cetaphil a long consideration. But the sale on the big size of the Purity as well as its proven track record of cleaning my face well, not making me break out, and cleaning off makeup, put it over the edge.

During a rare evening shower last night, I used the Cetaphil that I keep in there, and it didn't do so well with removing makeup. So, my decision was a good one. I'll still keep using it, however. In the mornings, not being able to remove makeup is not an issue.

And on other Philosophy-related news, I had indulged myself and bought their Never Let Them See You Shine Primer and Frozen Lemon Custard shower gel. I purchased both from Drugstore.com, and received a small bottle of peach hand wash for free(on top of cash back, woot!).

I've been using the oil-control primer for a week, and I really do like it. It's not too expensive, in my opinion. It works better than anything else I've tried and it doesn't irritate my skin. No, it doesn't make my skin not shine ever all day, but it has prevented sunscreen from stinging my eyes. So, it's doing something. It says you can reapply over makeup, and my skin would probably shine less if I did so, as well as regularly powdering or using blotting papers...but, I'm not into carrying too many of my cosmetics around with me. So, I recommend this product. I like it, my skin likes it, and my eyes appreciate it.

3 comments:

Auburn Kat said...

I have to admit, I've never even tried any of the Philosphy products! "Gasp" I know!

marisol said...

The last time I was in Sephora, I got Purity as the gift for the Beauty Insiders. Can't wait to try it.

Michelle said...

love Sephora....