7/07/2008

POOPED

So much was going on this long weekend, I could use another day to recover.

- The installation of the new furnace & heat pump began early on Thursday evening. I had just come home from a shopping trip at Costco, and there were several vans parked in front of my house. Lots of tools and boxes were scattered about the driveway. At least Hubby had ordered a pizza. I was able to unload my groceries, but I couldn't concentrate on much else. Oh, and Kenai had gotten out so I was worried sick about my dog as well.

- July 4th, Independence Day! - The installation continued for most of the day. I busied myself with tidying up the house. It was already pretty clean, since we had the carpets cleaned and organized most of our stuff. But, it seemed that days after the cleaning, it looked dirty again. It looked awesome the day after the cleaning! It's like the dirt had more room, so it rose to the top! I vacuumed again. Then I pulled out my Hoover SteamVac to do some cleaning of the high-traffic areas. This turned into cleaning of the whole living room, entry area, and hallway. 2 hours later it looked great! There were some very very old stains (from Kenai's puppy days) that were visible, but I was pretty impressed. I'm not saying bad things about the carpet cleaning company, because they did a lot, considering we'd never had the carpets cleaned. So, this is how we pay for it. Also, in full OCD mode, I cleaned the SteamVac when I was finished. So it'll be ready for next time. I also did laundry, cleaned some windows, and even scrubbed the walls. The walls really needed it, and the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser did awesome work. I was tired from the cleaning and Hubby was tired from working on the furnace, we ended up staying home and watching the neighbors light their fireworks. I put in my earplugs and had an awesome night's rest.

- Saturday - Family party day! Did final cleaning - on more vacuuming, sweeping the floors, washed the futon cover. Put out coolers of beverages. Took covers off patio furniture. Then people started showing up. Despite me not cooking a thing, it was a little bit stressful. I ended up buying both the chocolate cake and the cupcakes, and they were both really good. Everyone had a great time and it was nice to catch up with some family members that I haven't seen in a while.

- Sunday - Relax day? - I went shopping with Andrea at Bell Square. She needed to buy a power suit and Macy's was having an amazing sale. Unfortunately, I was so pooped that I didn't feel like actually trying stuff on. But it was nice to get out of the house. She even bought me coffee and lunch at Coho Cafe.

There's so much more to this, but I don't want to bore you too much. Hope my fellow Americans had a lovely holiday!

1 comment:

marisol said...

Sounds like a busy but fun weekend!