7/15/2008

GARDEN OF EATIN' 2008

I've planted my container garden for 2008. I have an heirloom tomato, strawberries, basil, green onion, and red bell pepper. I just love watching the plants grow. The tomato has grown so much already, and the basil has already sent out seeds (which I removed, it's too early for that). The green onion has been recently planted from seed, so I'm hoping it's not too late.

Heirloom Tomato Plant - I don't know why, but I love the way tomato plants smell.
























Strawberry plant - I really didn't want to plant strawberries, even though I love strawberries. The plants can get a bit hard to control, but I figured in a pot they won't have much place to go.

























Red Bell Pepper (in front), Basil (in back), Green Onion (in ground, you can't see them) - last year I had a the tomato plant in the same pot as basil and green bell pepper. The bell pepper didn't do very well since the tomato plant got so large. So I bought a second pot and hopefully they'll have more room to grow. As for the basil, it's doing awesome and I'll have to find something to do with it quickly.

3 comments:

deanna said...

Your container garden looks great!!!! Can't wait to see the yummy food you make out of it!

Yvett said...

That's awesome! I wished I'd done that when store-bought tomatoes were a no-no.

Keep us updated!

Auburn Kat said...

Can I come over for dinner when you cook with them?