7/30/2008

DILEMMA

So, I've been trying to cut back on the spending (well, a little bit at least). And one thing I did was change my facial cleanser. A big fan of philosophy's Purity cleanser, I decided to switch to Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for a couple of reasons - 1. Cost and 2. It's highly recommended, by dermatologists and folks in the beauty industry. Also, it's been around for years and years.

However, I haven't switched over completely. I just have the Cetaphil in my shower, which I use in the morning, and Purity by my sink, which I use at night. And I haven't been using the Cetaphil for all that long, but I have to say, no complaints so far.

Here's the dilemma. The cost has dropped significantly on the Purity, due to Nordy's Anniversary Sale. This is knew would happen, but thought I'd know by now if I'm ready to keep with the Cetephil. So, do I go ahead and buy the Purity now that it's cheap and keep using it as my nighttime cleanser?

Here's why I'm conflicted: 1. Haven't been using Cetaphil for very long, 2. Haven't used it at night to gauge how well it takes off makeup, 3. Purity big bottle will last a whole year.

Don't know what to do! Any advice?

p.s. At this point, I am leaning towards getting the Purity.

7 comments:

Lys said...

You know what I'm going to say right....


Get thee to Nordys and Get Thee Purity...

Signed,
The Enabler

wyn said...

Your skin deserves some variety if both of them are good for you! I'd say get Purity. :)

Yvett said...

If it's good for you, stick with Purity.

I use Cetaphil because my skin is super sensitive. I have to use a separate eye make-up remover, though.

MerrieB said...

I'd say if you like the Purity and get a good price on it, stick with it. I know my skin always goes haywire when I switch products. :) It's all about the sale...

Princess Kitten said...

Purity is far better than cetaphil IMO. I have both and just bought the anniversary sale Purity bottle myself.

Auburn Kat said...

I've used Cetaphil for years and absolutely love it. Personally, I would never use anything else. I'm scared to try other types though because I have very sensitive skin and don't want to breakout or have a reaction!

marisol said...

I say go for it. You can use one of the products and the other the next week.