7/08/2008

BLAST OF COOL

Finally, we have cool air in the house. After living without air-conditioning for the few hot days this Summer, I don't need to suffer any longer. Because the new furnace and air-conditioner are installed and running. We didn't test the furnace yet, for obvious reasons, but we got the a/c going and it was very much a relief.

Even though it's way more efficient that the unit it replaced, we're going to try to utilize the open window & ceiling fan technique for those days it's not really that hot.

It's sadly one of those luxuries that is hard to live without once you have experienced living with it. But now that I have, I don't think I'll ever live in a place without it.

Now, I'm going to go bask in the coolness as I await the next home improvement project. My new blinds should be arriving soon...

3 comments:

Auburn Kat said...

I hate not having airconditioning! I would not have survived the south!

marisol said...

My a/c broke a few weeks ago and the inside of my apt was like 90 degrees. It was soooo hot outside too that I barely slept. Thankfully they fixed it the next day. Today the high was 107 and its miserable outside.

Princess Kitten said...

I do miss that perk of living there... sigh