7/24/2008

THE BASIL COMMETH

My itty basil plant has exploded with the sunny weather. I have so much of it and it's growing so quickly, that it's already started to bolt. At least I pulled off all the flowers, to hopefully it will get back to leaf production. But for now I'm trying to think of what to do with it all. Yes, I could do a basil pesto, but that's just too easy. And besides, I have enough to do pesto and other stuff.

One thing I'd like to try that I saw in Real Simple a while back is Basil Lemonade, along with some other basil ideas.

I could make basil oil out of it, though it just looks like a thin pesto to me without the pine nuts and cheese.

And then there's making homemade pizza and adding it to pastas. But then again, Spaghetti 101 has served me well and is great for a warm-weather meal.

What do you do with your basil?

3 comments:

Auburn Kat said...

I either add it to pizza or to my pasta...that's about it!

marisol said...

Try a Dublin Peach. I posted the recipe here. Yummy!

http://adirtymartinikindofgirl.blogspot.com/2008/06/dublin-peach-so-delish.html

Michelle said...

That Dublin Peach sounds good...and EASY! Right up my alley.