6/06/2008

INSIDE SCOOP ON BB&B

I have already mentioned on an earlier post some info on Bed, Bath & Beyond regarding their coupons, namely the 20% off coupons that are always plentiful. But to recap, I'll say it again plus some insider information that I have received from a former employee.

To recap - those 20% off one item coupons? They never expire. Yes, they have an expiration date, but they will still be accepted. So go ahead and stock up on those coupons, because they're still good. And while you're at it, save up those Linens N Things coupons, because they'll take those as well! If you're like me, it's hard to leave BB&B with just ONE item. No worries! They'll take 5 coupons at a time.

Here's the new info:

The fine print saying that you can't use those coupons on certain brands? Well, it's not programmed in they system. It's basically up to the cashier, and most of the time, they'll let you use that coupon on a Dyson of Calphalon pot set. They're more interested in you making a purchase. They figure most people don't read the fine print in addition to the adage, "The Customer is Always Right".

Former employee also shared that BB&B has a pretty liberal return policy as long as you have the receipt, you can return/exchange. Former emp told a story of a lady who was redecorating and brought back all the stuff she had purchased from BB&B a year earlier. This, I do not condone as this is being really cheap. The stuff was obviously used, not defective, and could not be sold again.

Also, you can bring a coupon from a previous purchase and get an adjustment on an item if you also have a 20% off coupon. Again, 5 coupons at a time. If it's worth it, I don't see the problem. If you're getting 20% off a low priced item, you've wasted a bunch of gas and time. Former emp told a story of another lady who did this. The receipt had lots of items on it and she kept bringing coupons until every item was marked down 20%. That's going a little overboard, in my opinion.

Now, get to BB&B!

3 comments:

Caught Eating Butter said...

I found you blog via Fashionably Broke's link love. I've always wondered about those coupons, I have a stack myself. I guess I should use them now in case they go out of business.

Lesli said...

Thanks for the info on B&BW!

Princess Kitten said...

Good to know! Yer handy