6/09/2008

IN BLOOM

Of all the tulip bulbs I planted last year, it only resulted in a few actually blooming. I'll blame the squirrels for this one, as they like to eat the bulbs. But of the few that bloomed, this turned out to be my absolute favorite.

























To me, it doesn't look like the tulip if you look at the bloom itself. It reminds me so much of a peony. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what kind of tulip it is and I purchased it as part of a pink tulip mix. After cutting the tulip, it lasted for 2 weeks in this vase. It was so nice to wake up to a beautiful bloom in the morning, I'm considering having flowers at my bedside all the time.


3 comments:

Lesli said...

At first, I thought it was a peony--gorgeous!

Princess Kitten said...

Ever since I have had cats, the thought of having flowers, real or fake, is just NOT possible. Well I should say KEEPING them. Your nephews destroy EVERYTHING they possibly can!! That is very pretty. =)

Auburn Kat said...

Those are really pretty!