5/06/2008

NEW SHOES

There's nothing like a little retail therapy to make one feel better. I know that shopping is not exactly an antidote to my mourning, but it is a distraction nonetheless.

I haven't really shopped for fun in a long time. I think the last time I bought something for myself was my Dansko work shoes, and those shoes were for a specific reason - for work.

My sis-in-law, Andrea, spent a day with me. We made plans over text messaging - thank GOD for text messaging, as I could barely speak through the crying-mess that was my weekend. We had gotten coffee and pedicures. We had looked at wedding dresses (she's getting married!!) and bridesmaid dresses (I'm going to be a bridesmaid!! First time!). On a whim, she took me to DSW. I've seen their commercials on TV, but this is the first time I went. They just opened a little bit ago.

Wandering among racks of shoes, I looked aimlessly. I didn't feel I needed anything. I just wanted to find something fun and frivolous. Something that made me smile. And lots of things made me smile. I was eschewing practical things for things that matched nothing I had but were bright and fun.

But it was these shoes that I ended up buying. I had abandoned my hope for an animal print pump long ago, but this one just called to me. It's a little over the top, but it really fit the bill. It indeed made me smile. They're the "Rachelle" by Me Too. I can't find it anywhere on the web, so this is a pic that I took. Not only are they cute, but they're quite comfy as well and not super tall. I still haven't got the knack for high heels, and not sure I ever will.

As for DSW, I think it's a great store. (Andrea calls it her shoe heaven.) Very well organized and stocked. It appears that they keep up with the seasons and have a good selection of brands. I will be sure to go back. Hubby should be worried. But at least it's not *that* close to home.

3 comments:

deanna said...

I bet they look great with your new tat!

Princess Kitten said...

I love that store. Bro will probably kill me for telling you this, but they now have an online store!!!! I think it takes away from the *AAAAAAAAAWWWWEEEEEE* I get when I walk into the store, but still. OMG SHEWS!

emigre said...

Ooh, what a cute find!