5/21/2008

MEALS READY TO GO

After thinking about it and talking about it for a while now, I finally booked and attended a session at my local Designed Dinners.

We chose 8 different dishes at 4 servings each, along with one side dish. Among them, Chicken Saltimbocca, Crab Cake Sliders, and Rack of Lamb.

When I arrived, I was greeted by the owner, Kristin, (it's a franchise), given an apron, and offered a glass of wine. How nice is that? I was the only person for the session which was fine with me, since I had never done it before. Kristin was really helpful and we were able to chat freely. She was busy herself, as you have the option of choosing to have the dishes assembled for you, and that's what she was working on. Lots of people seem to choose this option.

It was a nice space with separate work-stations much like a make-table in a restaurant kitchen. Each station had all the ingredients needed for a particular dish along with instruction card. It explained how to assemble each dish and what you needed. The whole processed involved a lot of baggies. It took about an hour for me to complete all my dishes, and I would say that I was working a bit slow. Kristin had done the crab cakes already, so I didn't actually have to make them.

Watching Kristin move around the kitchen, she showed it all could be done quickly. It's just a matter of concentrating and getting used to the routine. The wine was not helping in this regard, but oh well. But I wasn't in any hurry anyway. I even found the whole thing relaxing with the lack of distractions of my home. She said that a lot of wives enjoy getting away from their families even if just for an hour or two.

Hubby and I are really looking forward to enjoying everything I put together. Tonight, we're having the crab cake sliders. Sounds like yum to me.

1 comment:

Princess Kitten said...

Let me know how the crab cakes were tomorrow!! =)