4/09/2008

THE BUCKS NEW THING


So, in an attempt to turn around their brand image and whatnot, Starbucks has introduced a new coffee: Pike Place Roast. I'm really curious about it, because apparently it tastes awesome. They made it smoother than other roasts. I think that's great, because the other roasts taste burnt to me, and some have nicknamed them "Charbucks" for that reason.

In addition, they've introduced an updated version of the old logo in their packaging, which is sure to bring a little controversy. Since the mermaid is naked. Apparently, this bothers some people.

They had a bunch of sampling events yesterday that I couldn't make it to. But it looks like they're going to be pushing this new roast pretty hard with a lot more sampling events.

And on another Starbucks related item, they also have a website called "My Starbucks Idea" where you can let them know what you think. You can vote on other ideas and people can vote for your ideas. If this is what it takes for them to start carrying a dark chocolate mocha....

1 comment:

Yvett said...

They're featuring honey mochas right now and I am hooked!