4/10/2008

ATTACK OF THE GRAYS

I'm not sure when they all started cropping up. All these little gray hairs. UGH!

At first, it was just the one right in front where I could see then. Then it started growing in my normal color. I thought it was the end of that. But closer inspection revealed others hiding nearby. I plucked what I could, but I can see that this is just the beginning of the end.

Perhaps I didn't notice before because I just didn't think about it. I knew I had a couple that I couldn't see on the back of my head. I get my hair colored regularly, but it's only a semi-permanent so it does wear off after a while. But gray hairs run in my family, so I'll just have to deal. I remember plucking gray hairs out of my mom's hair when I was younger, not sure how young though...

It would have been nice if they could have waited until I was almost 40.

grrrr

4 comments:

Lesli said...

Ugh, gray hair. Michelle, I THINK I found one around Christmas and I promptly plucked it. It hasn't come back & I haven't seen any others so I tell myself it was a blonde hair or else a very mutant, random gray hair. No worries! Thank goodness for modern hair coloring solutions. :)

wyn said...

I used to pick out my mum's white hair, too! I think it was our bonding time....

Just this week, I did my hair a little differently and didn't know that a 6" long white hair was sticking out and curled on itself. Eek!

jae said...

I noticed grey hairs this year, three to be exact. I decided to leave them because I felt like I didn't want to freak out about getting old. (like my hubby, he just keeps plucking and plucking them out in frustration!) Finally I had to pull the one on the very top of my head because it would only stick up and not lay down. I guess I'll keep mine unless they come in in an unattractive way. ~j

Yvett said...

I get a couple every once in a while but luckily neither one of my parents has gone gray yet.

What's horrible is that I get this one hair on my chin. Like an old witch or something. Eww.