2/20/2007

TRYING A NEW LOTION

I've talked about this before. My loss of Neutrogena's Skin Smoothing body lotion. I've been trying to find a good replacement since they discontinued one of my most beloved products.

My first product replacement to try was AmLactin. I heard this was a good one. I tried it for a little bit, and I suppose it worked well. But there was one drawback, it smells really bad. Some people might be willing to let it slide, as it doesn't linger very long. But it smells like ammonia, and apparently that's the "Am" in AmLactin. Even with a layer of body spray, the ammonia smell would still come through. It just bothered me. (Doubly unfortunate, I got the Costco-size bottle. So I have a lot of it left. But at least Hubby will use it, he can't smell too good.)

So, looking for another options, I saw this at the drugstore - Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Lotion. It has a little notation on the bottle saying, "gently exfoliates". That's exactly what I need. I only use this stuff on my arms to keep those little bumps away. You know, the ones that show up on the backs of arms.

I just started using it. It has no smell, which is fine by be. The consistency is really sticky, but I'm still able to work it into my skin. So, we'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I absolutely know what bumps you mean! I thought it was a family thing because my sister gets them too. I may have to try this.

NY KAT said...

Try Udderly Smooth, Udder Cream. You can find it at Wal-Mart. I have the lightly scented one and I absolutely LOVE it! I'm extremely sensitive to lotions that smell, I usually end up with a major headache...but this is one doesn't bother me at all.

Believe it or not, it was originally developed for use on dairy cows!

I definitely recommend it.

Yvett said...

Oh, thank you Michelle. I am forever looking for lotions that work on my super dry skin.