2/13/2007

TRUFFLE IN A CUP


Spending a lazy Saturday at home, I was catching up on my cooking shows, when on Food Network it was a chocolate weekend. Now, while I do not consider myself a chocoholic, I do appreciate chocolate in all its forms. I think that it's a difficult ingredient to use, as it can be fickle and break on you. Also requires use of a double-boiler. But during their All-Star Chocolate show, they took segments from other shows and put them in one place. The main theme - chocolate.

And of course, it was Rachael that made me and my sis say, we have to try that. Because it looked so easy and fast and we didn't have to buy anything too foreign. Her recipe: Decadent Duo for Decadent Duos - Chocolate Cups with Whipped Cream.

And it was that easy, thanks to the blender that did all the work. The result was something that tasted and felt like a truffle in a cup. We tweaked the recipe a little bit, substituting amaretto for the hazelnut liqueur (we didn't have it, and it was Sunday - liquor store's closed). And we used canned whipped cream instead of making it from scratch. So it was that much easier. So there's a V-Day dessert idea for those with little time, and make it even more lovely if you have a heart-shaped container.

1 comment:

Lys said...

How Funny! When I saw that ep., I meant to shoot you an email because of your earlier post - looks easy and yummy (in moderation, of course *LOL*)...

I added that recipe (and a few others from that ep.) to my arsenal... That would look great with the new ramekins at Sur La Tab...