2/15/2007

THE RECAP

This will be the last mention of Valentines Day until next year...(or at least, that's the plan).

I left work early so I could get home to work on dinner. That meant riding an earlier bus home. I boarded the bus, and it was decorated with red balloons and there were Spongebob Squarepants Valentines on every seat. Then on our way out of town, the driver told a story about how the bus was hit by one of Cupid's arrows as he was driving up I-5 to Seattle. And that he needed to deliver a message to his riders, to have a Happy Valentines Day. He also passed around trays of pastries. Too cute. No wonder everyone loves being on his bus.

Our dinner turned out great. My Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi was a success - easy and delicious. What's not to love? We cooked together. I did the fish. He did the steaks (using Alton Brown's Pan Sear Method). We made my sinful mashed potatoes (mashed potatoes made with cream cheese, garlic & scallion infused melted butter - not health food). And I also made my coconut rice, which went great with the fish. And then a lovely bottle of Veuve Clicquot to wash it all down. Even though we stayed at home, it was still romantic to have dinner at our real dinner table, by candlelight, and even music. All in all, a good night.

And this morning, he surprised me with a single red rose.

Too precious.

2 comments:

wyn said...

Wow, that bus is pretty special. If I were an elementary school teacher, I would do that!

Michelle said...

funny that you mention that, because it felt like i was in grade school getting treats from the teacher. fun to see middle-aged adults get excited about a little candy.