2/27/2007

FREE MASCARA

I've made a realization. In early days of my blog, I was on a constant search for the perfect mascara. I tried drugstore and cosmetic counter. At one point, I decided that MAC's Mascara X was pretty good and a compromise in price at $12.50. But I haven't actually purchased any mascara for a while now. I keep getting them for free!

Mostly in the form of samples - Lancome gives them away all the time in their gift with purchase. So I've been going through these. I'm on my last one now.

I got a tube in my stocking at Christmas - Maybelline Lash Stylist.

When I went to Sephora to buy a gift, they gave me a sample of Lorac's Waterproof mascara. Which sucks....but it was free...so no big loss. Why didn't I like it? I don't like waterproof in general - after using a makeup remover wipe, washing my face, using more makeup remover, and washing my face in the morning shower, I still had racoon eyes. And the brush was too sparse, I ended up getting mascara on my lids. Not a good look.

But now the gravy train is near the end. I don't have any more tubes left when these are done. Which means I might have to, gasp!, buy some.

Too bad!

No comments: