1/15/2007

A DIFFERENT KIND OF MAKEOVER - FOR YOUR PRIVACY

I've finally finished my magazine organization project. I mentioned this a while back when I first started it. To recap - I had 2 years worth of Real Simple magazines. They were getting to be too much, but I didn't want to just throw them out as they had lots of useful information. So I re-read them and tore out pages that were of use. I grouped the pages into categories - Important Matters, Useful Information, Fashion, Outside the House, Inside the House/Neat Products, and Health & Beauty. Then I put the pages into sheet protectors that went into binders. Recipes have their own binder system (though they are not organized in any way).

So now I am going to share some of the great information. I'll try to throw in bits and pieces every once in a while. Having it all in one place, I see now how much stuff I need to do. But this is one of the easier things, and possibly the most important: Protecting your Identity.

Courtesy of Real Simple: Simple Strategies to Avoid Identity Theft

and Worksheet: Privacy Protector (in PDF - requires Adobe Reader) - Includes some things that you may have done already - Register your phone number/s with donotcall.gov, get your free copy of your credit report from annualcreditreport.com - and some things that were new to me, like going to networkadvertising.org to opt out of having your cookie data for targeting online advertising.

So get to your privacy makeover!

No comments: