8/18/2004

LOGO OVERLOAD

Thinking about my upcoming Christmas in Vegas trip....wait a minute, I didn't mention it did I?

Here's the scoop: Hubby and I are having a 2nd honeymoon in Vegas for the Christmas holiday. We are staying at the Bellagio (*shreiks*) for 4 nights. I'm saving up for this trip as we speak. I'm planning on a Spa Signature Sampler at the Bellagio Spa and shopping at Fashion Show Mall. He's planning on gambling and watching College football at the sport's book. (He better make us some $$) Together, we'll be seeing "O" and Danny Gans. As well as eating, eating, and eating, oh yeah, and drinking. In between, I foresee lots of relaxing peppered with blackjack and sightseeing. Oh yeah - I'm looking forward to it.

Anyways, as I was thinking about this trip, I remembered my last trip to Albuquerque. As I was sitting in the airport, waiting for my flight, another fellow passenger caught my eye. Actually, it was her gigantic red Coach Signature tote that caught my attention. A closer look revealed a khaki Coach Signature wallet poking out the top. I'm pretty sure she was also carrying a Coach Signature Demi pouch, but I don't remember exactly. What I do remember, however, is that she was wearing a black/grey Coach Mini-Sig Belt.

Was I envious? Well, honestly, no. Hers was a case of Logo Overload (LO). She was wearing so much Coach signature stuff, that I really had to doubt the authenticity. Is this me just being bitchy? No, it isn't. I'm merely stating that there is such a concept as too much of a good thing. It could have been real authentic Coach stuff owned by one lucky girl (she was young like me), but wearing ALL of it made it appear fake.

*sigh* When good logos go bad... Please, do NOT abuse status logos. Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But can you still appreciate True Tackiness? Then wehn in Vegas go to Bonanza, "the largest gift shop in the world" (says so on the sign). It's at the end of the strip (driveable but not really walkable) and well worth it. I bought a cross to hang on the wall and when you tapped it the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (or a reasonable semblance thereof) sang "Hallelujah." It's a beautiful thing. --------Kay

wyn said...

that does sound really tacky (all that coach stuff). i hope it matched!
....getting to see "O," lucky you!

Michelle said...

Kay - I've never heard of the Bonanza, is it on the Airport side or down by the Stratosphere? Sounds like a tacky fun place. As many times as I've been to Vegas, I don't have too many souvenirs (unless a marriage certificate counts).
Wyn - NO, it didn't match. I think that was why it was so horrible, it was like one of those optical illusion pictures that you stare at and then a picture appears suddenly. Crazy!